Mission: to provide, with the pastor, for the overall vision, planning, guidance, and oversight for the programs and staff of the church through its officers, committees, ministry leaders, and ministers are large in order to insure that our church is all that Christ would have it to be.
The church council shall provide for planning and implementing a program of nurture, outreach, witness, and resources in the local church. It shall also provide for the administration of its organization and temporal life. It shall envision, plan, implement, and annually evaluate the mission and ministry of the church. The church council shall be amenable to and function as the administrative agency of the charge conference.
It will also be the responsibility of the church council to:
1. review the membership of the local church;
2. fill interim vacancies occurring among the lay officers of the church between sessions of the annual charge conference;
3. establish the budget on recommendation of the committee on finance and ensure adequate provision for the financial needs of the church;
4. recommend to the charge conference the salary and other remuneration of the pastor(s) and staff members after receiving recommendations from the committee on pastor-parish relations (staff-parish relations);
5. review the recommendation of the committee on pastor-parish relations regarding provision of adequate housing for the pastor(s), and report the same to the charge conference for approval. Housing provisions shall comply with the annual conference housing policy and parsonage standards. Housing shall not be considered as part of compensation or remuneration.
The charge conference shall determine the size of the church council. The membership shall consist of as few as eleven persons or an many as the charge conference deems appropriate.
The members present and voting at any duly announced meeting shall constitute a quorum.
Refer to The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church, 2004, paragraph 252 for further detail.